Friday, August 10, 2007

The Cliffs of Insanity

Today was normal. Mostly.

I went with my sister to get a drink from downstairs. Like I said, it was normal. We past a tour in the gallery. That was normal as well. They seemed nice, like everyone else who tours the building.

So we got downstairs and I got some ddp (diet dr. pepper - yes i like it, sorry terri!). I popped the tab and then I had a volcano on my hands. Thankfully there was a cup nearby with ice so no permanent damage was done. Well, the table may have a permanent mark where a tiney bit spilt but the tables are weather stained anyway!

We walked up stairs again and noticed the nice tour was still there in the gallery right in our path. No problem, this is normal. We got to the 3rd step and I started tripping on my stupid flip-flops. Katie grabbed my arm to keep me from falling - but it was the arm with the hand that was holding my drink! It sort of became a fountain and I confess I squeaked. Out loud.

We beat a hasty retreat to the downstairs bathroom where I snatched some paper towels to mop up the mess. Katie stayed behind, mortified that she was related to me. It took two trips to clean up the mess, though it wasn't that bad. I think the funniest thing was seeing ice chips on the stairs.

Well we got it cleaned up, Katie didn't dis-own me (thank you Kates), and I still had some drink leftover. I love happy endings. :)

ps. I'm naming those stairs the Cliffs of Insanity.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You story of Cliffs of Insanity is fun, and something I can relate to 'cuz I probably would have done the very same thing. :-D