Friday, February 1, 2008

Shopping Newbie

So Josh was an amazing husband and took me grocery shopping after dinner last night - to 3 different stores! Now, if that's not love - I don't know what is. :)

The cool part was we went to CVS pharmacy and were able to get $26 worth of stuff for $7! We had a coupon, so we payed $22 and got some extra care bucks back to use next time we shop, so it was like spending only $7, since we'd get to use the "bucks" next time we go. :D It was quite nice. I've been following this blog for a while: www.moneysavingmom.com, and it has lots of great ideas on saving money on groceries.

So now I have an 11lb ham that I need to cook...I looked online and found some strange technics that people have used to cook ham. The one that I found most odd told me to wash the ham (that's a good idea) and put it in the oven with some water. You cook it until the water starts to boil, then turn the oven off for like 4 hours I think it was. After that the oven gets turned back on for 30 minutes. Once it's cooked for a 1/2 hour you turn the oven off and leave the ham inside the oven all night! It seemed like that would cause bacteria to grow maybe? Maybe the time it takes to heat the water to boiling kills the germs. Does anyone have any suggestions on cooking an 11 pound ham? I think I'll call my mom.

No comments: