Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life on our little area of the globe...

Josh has been busily working on the baby's nursery. He wanted to clear off the popcorn from the ceiling and paint it before I added any baby items to the room. So far it looks really good! I don't normally notice ceilings, but it really does improve the room and make it feel more new. Josh is hoping to paint one last coat before declaring it finished. Yesterday my sister wanted to help paint after a meeting that evening, but we hadn't planned on going over to the house and working since the meeting would not be over until 9:00. Josh teased that she could go over anyway and we might *wink wink* meet her there. :) The walls are pale yellow, so I won't repaint them. They match well with the classic winnie the pooh theme I've chosen for Annie's room. I'm so excited to set up her little crib and hang pictures. :)

I've stopped working and now am a full-time homemaker. It's very odd to be home, but I like it. It is nice to have time to clean and organize things, especially as we will be moving beginning of July! It's amazing how much stuff accumulates in so short a time. I also get to take naps when I'm tired - a frequent occurrence right now with the baby getting bigger. :)

5 more weeks before the baby comes! Josh is really excited to see his little girl. I told him a week ago that I was having contractions (just braxton hicks) and he got super excited asking if that meant I would have her really soon. :) I'm hoping she is a tiny bit early (like a week) so that her Grandpa can see her before he goes back up to Canada.

No comments: