Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! :) We certainly did. Thanksgiving day we visited my grandparents and they were thrilled to see Annie again. We (actually I) forgot to bring cranberry sauce so we quickly went to the store. Just so you know, Thanksgiving day is a bad time to try an obtain the jelly cranberry sauce. The only kind we found was the whole berry stuff (even at Wal*Mart). That was okay, though, because my grandma made some amazing homemade sauce with honey and apple juice. It was like pie without the crust. Which is yummy because I don't like pie crust.

We also had guests stay with us over the weekend. We had a dear friend and her family come as well as some family. Friday I made our own Thanksgiving type dinner. It went well I think - even the Turkey was done right! I just made a little too much food (okay a lot too much) because I had no clue how much everyone would eat. The nice part is we have leftovers. Now I want to make turkey noodle soup and freeze some of it. I've got enough frozen meals almost to last a week! I think that will come in handy when I stage a strike on grocery shopping some week. ;)

Sorry I don't have pictures of anything yet. My sister has some on her camera but she is inconveniently working. Hi Katie! Get back to work miss... ;)

In other news related to pictures: We have finally decided on a camera and it is in the process of being shipped to us. Josh and I were looking for a long time for a good quality camera that didn't cost a fortune. The Lord provided a great sale on a particular camera we liked a lot. Yay! Now we just have to wait as patiently as we can until it arrives.

So we have a few more turkeys in our fridge. One was bestowed upon us when my parents left the country and one I never cooked from a while ago. I think I will try brining it this time. I hear that makes for a yummy turkey. If it doesn't turn out at least it won't be for Thanksgiving and cause a disaster. :) I can always make it into soup or casserole. :)

1 comment:

tony and teressa said...

so what camera did you get? :-)