Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Coupons

Coupons are amazing. They let you get things you'll already buy or use for a lot less, or let you use things you don't normally because they are discounted! The best part is know how much you would have spent if you didn't have the coupon. It's very satisfying. One time I got a free sandwich and drink just for filling out a survey for one of my most favorite restaurants, Chick-fil-a. They said it would take 6-8 weeks to get the coupons and I was shocked. They came a lot sooner, so it made me happy about the company again.

You can imagine my excitement when I found a coupon for a restaurant Josh and I like to visit every now and then. It was quite the deal. We went today to use it and I was inwardly thinking how nice it was that we won't spend tons of money for lunch. We ordered and had a nice time. Kind of like a date in the middle of the day (how many wives do you know that can have lunch with there husband every day??). We gave the coupon to the waiter and she asked if we brought "the card" with us. We both looked at each other and replied that we hadn't. She then said we couldn't use the coupon in question unless we had "the card." I then realized that I needed a card from the passbook that I got the coupon from, and since it was a friend's book I didn't have said card. I was imagining how we would have to pay full price instead of rejoicing over the amount we didn't have to pay. It was rather deflating. The lady was kind enough to let us have the discount to our suprise. I was able to rejoice. hehe

1 comment:

PacaScrat said...

Okay, so what restaraunt? Garcia's? Yeah... the card thing is kinda a bummer. Glad she was nice to you guys!