Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ramblings of a Newlywed

I'm officially Christy Hewitt now. I got my new ss card in the mail! yay. Now if I can just remember to sign that instead of my old name. haha

I love getting mail. Yesterday Josh and I went home for lunch, since we had to drop off a movie in the same area. We decided to check our mail in hopes of a package. I was hoping that my dishes would be there, but alas there were none - not even a slip of paper saying we had a package at the office. *sigh* We walked back to our apartment and noticed a UPS slip stuck in our door! It was pretty exciting. Josh went to get the box while I made lunch and anxiously awaited his return. He came back bearing the box of much desired plates. Hooray! They look so pretty with their blue and white patter. It's also a plus we don't need to constantly wash the four plates we were using before.

I've also been contemplating how to decorate for the holidays. I'm so excited to decorate my own place! One thing I thought would look great are oranges stuck with whole cloves in a pattern. It dries and smells amazing. I heard you can also do the same with kumquats and use them as ornaments. Right now I'm into the pumkin spice smell for fall. I'll do the orange spiceyness probably closer to Christmas. Josh said he could even put up white lights above my kitchen cabinets!! They'll look so nice.

One evening Josh and I decided to write thank you notes to people for wedding gifts. It was the perfect day for it because it was so cold and blustery outside. I lit a candle (pumkin scented of course) and made cocoa with shortbread. I felt like the holidays are officially here now. :)

There's a chili cookout at a friends house this weekend. Sounds fun! I don't know about all that chili, but it will be great to visit with friends. I'm making magic cookie bars (7layer bars) and I always made those with my family during Christmas time. *sigh* But Josh and I definately do NOT need a whole pan of them. I'm glad we'll get to share! Oh, and salad. I'm bringing that too. Josh likes cilantro on his salad, but I think I'll pass on it.

No comments: