Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Things to do (or not) in San Antonio

We stayed in San Antonio for two days at the end of our honeymoon. It was quite fun to be there. 'Course...we got lost trying to find the hotel. We got to know the street the Alamo was located. Every now and then you could hear: "So it's supposed to be on Broadway st. which is off of - oh look! it's the Alamo! - oh no, why is Broadway a one way street going the wrong way?" We went in circles for a little while needless to say. Then when we found the hotel it looked a little sketchy, so we drove around some more trying to find another hotel. Josh was so smart and found a coupon book for hotels in Texas (I know, he's amazing) so we were able to go to a nicer place for a lot less money. Hooray! I have to say I like coupons.

We walked around the Riverwalk that evening. It looked so beautiful with the sun setting and all the plants along the water. We found a Mexican place to eat that overlooked the river and had a grand old time. There even was a little group of singers (what are they called? mariachi?). When we were done eating Josh was reaching for his wallet to put back in his pocket and managed to spill his (full) glass of water all over his lap. We both looked at each other in shock - then burst out laughing. We wanted to take a picture and caption it "Josh sees the bill". Anyway, we couldn't just sit there all night and wait for it to dry off, so we left the restaurant. I walked in front to cover for Josh, using the subtly of a CIA agent. :) Josh recalls seeing lots of funny looks on peoples' faces and one remark made me almost histerical with laughter. There was a cowboy and his buddy that saw Josh and said "what the - that boy just...." Yeah, I was crying I laughed so hard.

We had a lovely time the next day touring the Alamo and visiting a maze of mirrors. One time I lost Josh in the maze and saw him all over because of the mirrors. I got a little panicky because I didn't know which was the real Josh. He found me though, so I was safe. :)

San Antonio is great if you ever need to get lost, see beautiful sites, bump into mirrors, or just to laugh.

No comments: