Tuesday, November 13, 2007

There IS Life After Marriage

It's me. I'm back! I got lost under Fall decorating, cleaning, working, having people over...basically life. :)

I finally got to decorate the apartment with leaves and flowers. It looks so nice and cozy! It was fake foliage, so they needed some good wire cutters to be separated from the bunch they came in. I knew we had them somewhere, but my search was in vain. But - I have a husband who was an Eagle Scout and is always prepared. I found his pocket knife with nice sturdy thinking it would work wonderfully. Poor Josh was rather suprised when he heard it, but was sweet about. I'll remember next time that's for sure!

I was trying to cut the leaves of with Josh's pocket knife, a task that was proving harder than expected, when I cut my hand instead of a leaf-stem. I spent the rest of the evening decorating while clutching a rag over my wounded hand. It was still fun to do, and I got to show Josh when he arrived home from a moving party. (A party to move someone into a house, not a party that brings one to tears).

After that I was ready for company to come. :D We invited my parents and sister over last Sunday for dinner! I enjoyed getting ready for it. I made spaghetti, bread, and salad. It's sort of a joke in my family, because almost every time Josh came to my house for dinner when we were dating we had spaghetti. I actually was nervous right before they arrived and was turning circles in my kitchen making sure things were set. It's so odd being a hostess, rather than a hostess's daughter. Things happen to you like everyone watching you finish dinner, or being responsible to provide conversation topics. It wasn't hard, just made me nervous a tiney bit. Everything was just great, though!

I want to get some pictures up soon...here's hoping. :)

No comments: